Accounts are usually merged due to a married couple having two accounts; our policies dictate that they must share a single account. There are also cases where two business builders want to work
the business together and request to merge their accounts. No matter the reason for the merge, one account will be kept, and the other will be terminated. Both of these situations require written authorization from both parties involved.
First determine which account we are terminating. This is usually the newest of the two.
- Move all orders from the account that will be terminated to the account that will be kept.
- Determine if there are any open gift cards on the account we are terminating. If there are, add that number of gift cards to the account we are keeping by placing a new order with item code #7888. The quantity will be the number of gift cards that need to be added.
- Cancel any back up order on the account being terminated.
- Make sure that the account to be terminated is Enrolled and Sponsored by the account that is being kept. This is to ensure that the entire downline of the account being terminated becomes part of the downline for the account being kept. If the account to be terminated is not already Enrolled and Sponsored by the permanent account, do an enroller/sponsor change to make it so.
On the account that is being kept, verify all contact, shipping, and billing information. Sometimes customers may want certain pieces of information to be kept from the account that is being terminated.
Terminate the account that is not being kept.
- Add the name of the person we are terminating to the account we are keeping and notate the account thoroughly.