These are commission checks that have been returned to us, usually as the result of an incorrect address.
- The simplest solution is to call the customer. This means we simply use the number on file to call them, and hopefully get a correct address to which we can send checks.
- If there is no response, leave a voicemail regarding the situation
- After calling and leaving a voicemail, send an email such as the one below:
- Be sure to notate the account with the steps that you took and what we are waiting on (i.e. a response from the customer)
Note: If the customer decides to enroll in direct deposit, the following does not apply.
After a customer has provided a correct address...
- Update the account with the correct address
- Place the returned check in a new envelope with the correct address
- To make sure future checks go to the right place:
- Click on "Vendors" on the left hand side of the account page
- Locate the customer's name, then click "Edit Vendor"
- Go to the "Settings" tab at the top of the resulting window
- Next to "Check Address", select the appropriate option from the dropdown menu. This will dictate where all future checks are sent